Money laundering regulation requires us to obtain identification and proof of address documents for all sellers and buyers. We will also need to identify any beneficial owners on whose behalf the transaction is taking place.
See below for a full list of accepted and required documents:
We need one document from List A, one recent document from List B (dated within the past 3 months) and a photo of you holding your identity document.
List A - Identity Document (choose one)
- Current signed passport
- Valid UK driving licence
- EEA member state identity card/other UK residence card
List B - Proof of Address (choose one)
- Utility bill
- Mortgage statement
- Bank/building society statement
- Valid UK driving licence (if not used from List A as ID)
- State pension benefits book
- Home or motor insurance certificate
- Current local authority tax bill/tenancy agreement
- Solicitor’s letter confirming home purchased/land registration
- NHS Medical card
For sellers this information must be provided before your Settled listing goes live on the property portals. For buyers this must take place at the point your offer is accepted by a seller. You'll be asked in an email to provide this information.
Where appropriate, we may also need to liaise with you for further documentation.
If you have any questions on this, please don't hesitate to contact us.